- Exciting Traineeship Opportunity!
- Work local, go global - Get the IT skills to take you anywhere
- Several opportunities Newcastle / Charlestown
The NSW Government is offering Year 12 school leavers from 2020 and 2021 an opportunity to apply for a NSW Information Technology (IT)Traineeship. You can become a valued IT professional with industry experience, industry specific training and formal qualifications.
The traineeship has been designed for Year 12 school leavers seeking to commence a career in the high- growth Information Technology industry, with approximately 70 places available in 2022 across NSW with most being in the Sydney metro region.
This two-year traineeship program combines a formal qualification, industry recognised certification and practical experience working with a NSW Government agency.
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III In Information Technology or Certificate IV In Information Technology over 24 months through a combination of formal training and on-the-job experience with your Host Employer.
Certificate III - This unique combination of formal education and work experience may give you the opportunity to work in a range of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) roles, including basic cloud computing, basic cyber awareness, digital media skills, generalist IT support services, networking, programming, systems and web development.
Certificate IV - This unique combination of formal education and work experience will give you the opportunity to work in a range of Information and Communications Technology (ICT) roles, which may include -
- database development
- database maintenance
- systems administration support
- web development
What are the benefits?
- Two years full-time paid work, while studying 1 day per week
- Nationally recognised Certificate III or Certificate IV qualification from a registered training organisation Tafe NSW
- Industry co-designed, innovative vendor specific training, in partnership with the new Institute of Applied Technology (IAT)
- Vital workplace experience you can carry anywhere
- Work-integrated learning and nothing to pay for your qualification
What's in it for me?
Being a HVTC Group trainee opens the door to working for industry leaders via our close connections with major local employers.
As a HVTC Group trainee you have ongoing job security! Our network of Host Employers means we can offer rotations to ensure you can fulfill your education and training requirements; Become qualified without getting yourself into debt and actually start earning an income!
Throughout your traineeship, you will be able to take advantage of our exclusive employee benefits, which include:
- One-on-one coaching and development from a dedicated mentor
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts
- Discounted health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Alumni program to support you post qualification
- Reward and recognition programs
- Commbank Workplace Banking Program to give you financial advice (and retail discounts!)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, campaigns, and competitions through HVTC's Committee (there might even be some prizes up for grabs!).
- 24/7 confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Group is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with one of our Host Employer Agencies working with the NSW Government. We'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So, what are you waiting for?
What you'll bring to the table…
To make the most of this opportunity you will:
- Be a great communicator and teammate
- Genuinely passionate about technology and driven to build a career in IT
- Be reasonably proficient in all thing's technology (computers/telephones/software packages), experience with Microsoft Office would be highly regarded!
- Be a planner, able to prioritise and work through your tasks methodically
- Have a natural attention to detail
- Critical thinking and customer service skills
- Be committed to your formal and 'on the job' training for 24 months
- Have a can-do attitude and be an enthusiastic learner
**Anyone with prior qualifications Certificate III or higher, including Diplomas and University studies from Australia and overseas will unfortunately not be eligible to undertake this traineeship **
What to do next...
To apply for this role, click the 'Apply for this job' button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the top of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We may also contact your references. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
Your resident expert for this opportunity will be Natasha Gomes, you can contact Tash for a confidential conversation on 02 4932 4184.
Applications close 1st July 2022
As a recognised Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people.