- Gain a Nationally Recognised Qualification while you work!
- Immediate Commencement
- Located in Wollongong
What you'll be doing…
You will complete a Certificate III Electrotechnology Electrician over 48 months through a combination of formal training with a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and practical on-the-job experience with the Host Employer.
Throughout your formal training and practical experience in the workplace, you will have the opportunity to:
- Interpret and operate the latest electrical power & hand tools in the industry
- Assist with the running of cables and switch board manufacturing
- Read electrical diagrams, drawings and specifications to determine job requirements
- Carry out installations and repairs of equipment, either in the workshop or customer’s facilities
- Terminate cables by crimping, clamping and soldering
- Work with qualified tradespeople on the construction and installation of switchboards and circuit breakers
- Carry out duties that are within the limits of the skills, competence and ability of an apprentice
What’s in it for me?
Being a HVTC Group trainee opens the door to working for industry leaders via our close connections with major local employers.
As a HVTC Group trainee you have ongoing job security! Our network of Host Employers means we can offer rotations to ensure you can fulfil your education and training requirements; Become qualified without getting yourself into debt and actually start earning an income!
Throughout your traineeship, you will be able to take advantage of our exclusive employee benefits, which include:
- One-on-one coaching and development from a dedicated mentor
- Individual and group safety training with our team of experts
- Discounted health insurance
- Discounted gym memberships
- Alumni program to support you post qualification
- Reward and recognition programs
- Commbank Workplace Banking Program to give you financial advice (and retail discounts!)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives, campaigns, and competitions through HVTC’s Committee (there might even be some prizes up for grabs!).
- 24/7 confidential counselling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provider
Who you'll be working with…
HVTC Group is an expert in the employment and training of apprentices and trainees. We believe skills change lives and that apprenticeships and traineeships can open doors to incredible careers. This is why we partner with businesses to match the right person with the right career.
During your traineeship, you'll be employed by us, while completing on-the-job training with our Host Employer, Arrow Electrical. We'll provide you with ongoing mentoring and support to help you achieve your career goals and unleash your true potential.
So, what are you waiting for?!
What you'll bring to the table…
To be successful in this role, you'll need to have the following:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Commitment to both on and off the job training
- A can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Ability to work safely and follow instructions
- High level of honesty and integrity
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent Mathematical ability and basic computer skills
- Adhere to all relevant OH&S requirements
- Covid Vaccination or willingness to obtain
- Current Drivers Licence (P1 or above)
- WHS Construction White Card or willingness to obtain
What to do next...
To apply for this role, click the ‘Apply for this job’ button and then follow the steps to complete your application. You can also apply online at www.hvtc.com.au by clicking on 'Vacancies' and selecting the relevant position, then the 'Apply Online' button at the top of the page.
All applications require a resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria.
What else is involved?
After submitting your online application, you may be invited to complete online testing, interviews and pre-employment medicals. We may also contact your references. Please be sure to check your emails (including your junk folder) and respond to missed phone calls, voicemail messages and text messages.
Your resident expert for this opportunity will be Michael Schipp, you can contact Michael for a confidential conversation on 02 4271 7051.
Applications close 19th July 2022
As a recognised Diversity Champion HVTC are committed to Equal Employment Opportunities, Ethical Practices, and the principles of Cultural Diversity. We encourage applications from all members of the community, including people from indigenous backgrounds, women seeking non-traditional trade opportunities and mature aged people